'Pay as you grow' managed IT services from InTechnology
06 November 2008
With its impressive track record in housing, InTechnology, specialist in data management, hosting, network and voice services, is demonstrating its latest tailored solutions for housing on Stand 95 at this year's conference at Olympia.
InTechnology's proposition for the housing market has traditionally been based around connectivity and managed backup. The company is now including Unity IP Voice - its hosted enterprise voice solution for organisations needing to update their existing telephony system but who are also looking to control equipment, training and operational costs. Add to this the newly launched Push to Experience (PTX), a new mobile service which helps protect workers at risk. As a result, InTechnology is the only provider to offer this diverse, fully owned, managed and supported solution.
InTechnology's broad product set suits both types of Housing Association; firstly, those with a small IT department of one or two staff where time savings can be made, allowing staff to concentrate on other pressing issues. Secondly, it fits well with the enterprise IT requirement as they have such large data requirements which are often handled very inefficiently.
"Once a Housing Association is connected to the InTechnology cloud, they can overlay services on a pay as you go/grow basis which is very attractive to them commercially," explains Stefan Haase, Marketing Director at InTechnology. "Over the years we've seen Housing Associations taken over or merged strategically and our voice, business continuity and managed data services have simply morphed with their requirements."
"In the current economic and environmental climate, the IT department really could be the saviour of an organisation. But to do so, it must be connected to all business decision-making; only InTechnology has the breadth of solutions to meet the diverse needs of a Housing Association to make this a reality."
Housing Associations are typically multi-sited with one large HQ, followed by several regional offices and then lots of satellite locations. They usually have a network provider for calls and lines, a maintainer for the onsite telephone switch, a separate Internet provider and then their wide area network provider. They will also have a number of IT partners who deliver internal systems that are specific to the housing sector.
InTechnology can meet all of their needs by delivering the following:
- Business continuity
- Unity IP Voice which provides consistent feature rich telephony to all users (home worker, mobile worker, office worker) on a consistent basis
- Future proofed and scalable services which are fully managed 24 x 7/365
- Pay as you go services with minimum capital outlay
- A documented, self paced journey with full project management to mitigate any risk
- On-net services for all locations
- Presence management (i.e. - who is available now using Reception Console)
- Centralised management - no expensive call outs; simple user/admin interfaces
- Ease of MACD (moves, adds, changes and deletes) for users. This means, as long as you have a web browser, then you can effectively manage the telephony estate from anywhere in the world
- Reduction in call costs
- Ease of deployment of advanced services such as call centre, interactive voice response
- Full management of all components used to deliver service (i.e. network, application and PSTN)
These services are mirrored with an investment in the management systems that deliver them, for example the customer portal including HP ServiceDesk and Infovista which allow the customer to fully understand the services, their impact and provide the MIS to allow accurate and timely decision making.