HSCN Remote Access
Those working across health and social care can enjoy greater freedom to securely connect to HSCN network services regardless of location via our HSCN remote access service. Using advanced authentication and tunnel encryption users can safely and quickly access key systems and data from anywhere, offering better support for mobile working while delivering cost-efficiencies.
The HSCN remote access solution gives mobile users the ability to gain secure access to key services and data including medical records, Electronic Prescriptions Service (EPS), digital imaging, scans etc. Our HSCN remote access is available in a range of access solutions including hardware, software or smart device tokens.
features of our HSCN Remote Access service:
CN-SP supplier for HSCN
Fully HSCN compliant and highly experienced healthcare connectivity provider
Secure Remote HSCN Access
Users can work away from formally connected offices enabling business continuity
Two-factor authentication plus IP Sec tunnel encryption
Easy deployment with no need for infrastructure install or services
HOW WE PROVIDE SECURE HSCN REMOTE ACCESS
- Secure access to HSCN utilises a public network (the Internet) so users can connect from any remote location
- To safeguard traffic over the connection, device-based software generates an encrypted tunnel into our HSCN remote access platform, ensuring all data that passes through the gateway is adequately protected in transit.
- We add in a further security layer - two-factor authentication - to put extra safeguards around the process. Only users who successfully enter a time-sensitive, randomly generated password are authenticated and authorised for HSCN remote access.
TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION FOR REMOTE HSCN CONNECTIONS
Two factor authentication consists of:
- Your log in and password details
- Randomly-generated, time sensitive password ('One Time Password' or OTP) that is presented on a separate device.