As the entry point to internal networks, firewalls need to provide protection from unauthorised access and mitigate the risk associated with intrusion, data loss and system integrity whilst still providing the ability to communicate and collaborate. As attacks evolve to evade the protection of traditional firewalls, businesses need security solutions that safely enable business applications.
Redcentric’s managed firewall services are the first line of defence against malicious attacks; providing advanced application level security for networking, threat prevention and management whilst delivering predictable performance, greater customer control and significant cost efficiencies.
The Managed Firewall Service is based on a robust, scalable platform which offers two major capabilities:
1) Delivery of virtual firewalls – these are software firewalls running on large, shared appliance(s). They have the same functionality as hardware firewalls, but they are more flexible, much faster to deploy, and typically more competitively priced than dedicated hardware firewalls.
The service provides a choice of two virtual firewall profiles:
- A ‘small’ virtual firewall offering upto 50Mbps next generation throughput
- A ‘medium’ virtual firewall offering upto 200Mbps next generation throughput
2) A management and reporting platform that simplifies delivery and support; it also provides customers useful information via an on-line portal. It is available for both virtual and hardware firewalls and enables customers to:
- View configuration, policy, objects and profiles
- Access real-time analytic dashboard
- Access near-real-time log view (eg application and attack)
- Access and trigger pre-defined reports
- Make minor configuration changes
- Where situations or preferences call for the hardware option, we can also offer the same high quality, fully managed service on firewalls from leading vendors including Cisco, Fortinet and Palo Alto Networks.
Where situations or preferences call for the hardware option, we can also offer the same high quality, fully managed service on firewalls from leading vendors including Cisco, Fortinet and Palo Alto Networks.
KEY BENEFITS OF OUR ENHANCED FIREWALL SERVICES
No need to purchase and install appliances.
Reduced deployment time
Firewall profiles defined and ready to go.
Delivering data and self-service tools, providing client control.
Leaner and greener
Minimal power and space drive a lower carbon footprint.
Geographically diverse data centres providing disaster recovery options.
A more agile, efficient approach to cyber security strengthening protection.
- Delivered on redundant hardware, so firewalls are ‘HA’ by default with 100% service level availability.
- More control for customers with access to configuration, security, log data.
- Environmentally friendly solution thanks to greatly reduced power and space requirements.
- A range of management options to suit customers’ varying requirements.
- 24/7 monitoring and support of service, security alerts, configuration.
- Solution can complement hardware firewalls where customers need >200Mbps throughput or firewalls in specific locations.