What are Managed WAN services?
Managed WAN services refer to the delegation of the management and operation of a wide area network (WAN) to a specialised service provider. These services encompass a comprehensive spectrum of activities related to your network infrastructure. They often include services such as:
- Requirements Assessment: Collaborating with you to understand your specific network needs, both current and future.
- Network Design: Creating a network design that aligns with your requirements and objectives.
- Deployment: Implementing the designed network, including hardware and software configurations, and establishing the network’s physical and logical components.
- Ongoing Support: Providing continuous support, including troubleshooting, maintenance, and helpdesk services.
- Monitoring: Constantly overseeing the network’s performance, including tracking traffic, identifying issues, and ensuring uptime.
- Reporting: Generating and delivering reports on network performance, outages, and other relevant metrics.
- Security: Implementing security measures to protect the network from threats and vulnerabilities, often including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and encryption.
Managed WAN services aim to enhance network efficiency, reduce operational overhead, and improve overall network performance while allowing your organisation to focus on its core activities. These services are tailored to meet your specific business requirements and can adapt to changes in your network needs over time.